MAXXI – The National Museum of XXI Century Arts, is the first Italian national institution devoted to contemporary creativity and conceived as a broad cultural campus. MAXXI is managed by a Foundation constituted in July of 2009 by the Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities and houses two museums: MAXXI Art and MAXXI Architecture.
The programming of the activities—exhibitions, workshops, conferences, shows, projections, educational projects—reflects MAXXI’s vocation as a place for the conservation and exhibition of its collections but also, and above all, as a laboratory for cultural experimentation and innovation, for the study, research, and production of the aesthetic contents of our time.
MAXXI’s building is a major architectural work designed by Zaha Hadid and located in Rome’s Flaminio quarter.
MAXXI joined the Young Architects Program in 2011.
Visit the MAXXI website
- Pio Baldi, President of the Fondazione MAXXI
- Margherita Guccione, Director of MAXXI Architettura
- Anna Mattirolo, Director of MAXXI Arte
- Barry Bergdoll, Curator, Department of Architecture and Design, The Museum of Modern Art
- Pedro Gadanho, Curator, Department of Architecture and Design, The Museum of Modern Art
- Pippo Ciorra, Senior Curator, MAXXI Architettura
- Maristella Casciato, University of Bologna
- Mario Nanni, Viabizzuno