How well do you know your MoMA? If you think you can identify the artist and title of each of these works—all currently on view in the Painting and Sculpture and Contemporary galleries—please submit your answers by leaving a comment on this post. We’ll provide the answers next month (on Friday, July 12).
ANSWERS TO THE MAY 10 CHALLENGE:
Congratulations to Camille Gendron, the first of several people to correctly identify all six works. Do you have what it takes to claim this month’s title?
1. Paul Cézanne. Still Life with Apples. 1895–98
2. Yves Tanguy. Slowly Toward the North. 1942
3. Odilon Redon. The Window. c. 1907
4. Jackson Pollock. Echo: Number 25, 1951. 1951
5. Bruce Nauman. Read/Reap. 1983
6. Henri Matisse. The Moroccans. 1915