How well do you know your MoMA? Above are images of works from the MoMA collection that are currently on view throughout the Museum. If you think you can identify the artist, title, and location of each work, please submit your answers by leaving a comment on this post. We’ll provide the answers—along with some information about each work—next Friday, along with the next Do You Know Your MoMA? challenge.
ANSWERS TO LAST WEEK’S CHALLENGE:
While many of you took a shot at individual clues, only a few of you were brave enough to attempt the identification of all six clues, and the sixth one—Claes Oldenburg’s Geometric Mouse, Scale A—was too tough! So there is no winner this week, but Gaja gets an honorable mention for correctly identifying the first five, with Matias a close runner-up with the correct artist for the third clue—Jenny Holzer—but the wrong work.
1. Aristide Maillol. The River. Completed 1943 (cast 1948)
2. Anthony Caro. Midday. 1960
3. Jenny Holzer. Granite Bench. 1986
4. Alberto Giacometti. Tall Figure, III. 1960
5. Pablo Picasso. She-Goat. 1950 (cast 1952)
6. Claes Oldenburg. Geometric Mouse, Scale A. 1975