This work is included in the Provenance Research Project
, which investigates the ownership history of works in MoMA's collection.
[Galerie Klihm, Munich, by 1961] . Acquired by the McCrory Corporation (Meshulam Riklis), by 1977 ; The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1983 (The Riklis Collection of McCrory Corporation).
 Likely on loan from Klihm to the exhibition Moholy-Nagy, Kunsthalle Mannheim, July 14-August 13, 1961 (no. 19). Also lender to the exhibition Moholy-Nagy, Stedelijk van Abbemuseum Eindhoven, January 20-March 5, 1967 (no. A17).
 Included in the exhibition Aspekte Konstruktiver Kunst Aspekte Konstruktiver Kunst: Sammlung MccCrory Corporation, Kunsthaus Zurich, January 14 to February 27, 1977 (no. 119). See also Rotzler, Willy, ed. Constructivism and the Geometric Tradition: Selections from the McCrory Corporation Collection. Buffalo: Albright-Knox Art Gallery, 1979 (no. 132).
If you have any questions or information to provide about the listed works, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Provenance Research Project
The Museum of Modern Art
11 West 53 Street
New York, NY 10019
Pictured above: Vasily Kandinsky. Panel for Edwin R. Campbell No. 2 (detail). 1914. Oil on canvas, 64 1/8 x 48 3/8" (162.6 x 122.7 cm). Nelson A. Rockefeller Fund (by exchange). © 2009 Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York / ADAGP, Paris