The Istanbul Museum of Modern Art, Turkey’s first private museum to organize modern and contemporary art exhibitions, was founded in 2004 and occupies an 8,000 square meter site on the shores of the Bosphorus.
Istanbul Modern embraces a global vision to collect, preserve, exhibit and document works of modern and contemporary art and make them accessible to art lovers.
As part of its commitment to sharing Turkey’s artistic creativity with wide audiences and promoting its cultural identity in the international art world, Istanbul Modern hosts a broad array of interdisciplinary activities.
Apart from permanent and temporary exhibition galleries, a photography gallery, and spaces for educational and social programs, the museum offers a cinema, restaurant, design store and an extensive library.
Istanbul Modern joined the Young Architects Program in 2013.
- Suha Özkan, Architect, President of the Jury
- Emre Arolat, Architect
- Çelenk Bafra, Curator, Istanbul Modern
- Barry Bergdoll, Curator, Department of Architecture and Design, The Museum of Modern Art
- Pippo Ciorra Senior Curator, MAXXI Architettura
- Levent Çalıkoğlu, Director, Istanbul Modern
- Pelin Derviş, YAP İstanbul Modern Coordinator
- Oya Eczacıbaşı, Chair of the Board, Istanbul Modern
- Pedro Gadanho, Curator, Department of Architecture and Design, The Museum of Modern Art
- Geuntae Park, Curator, MMCA
- Jeannette Plaut Director, CONSTRUCTO
- Marcelo Sarovic Director, CONSTRUCTO
- Melkan Gürsel Tabanlıoğlu, Architect
- Han Tümertekin, Architect