How well do you know your MoMA? If you think you can identify the artist and title of each of these works—all currently on view throughout the Museum—please submit your answers by leaving a comment on this post. We’ll provide the answers next month (on Friday, January 10).
ANSWERS TO THE NOVEMBER 8 CHALLENGE:
Congratulations to Brendan Ciecko, the first of several people to correctly identify all six works. Do you have what it takes to claim this month’s title?
1. Aleksandr Rodchenko. Spatial Construction no. 12. c. 1920
2. Sol LeWitt. Wall Drawing #1144, Broken Bands of Color in Four Directions. 2004
3. Piet Mondrian. Composition No. II, with Red and Blue. 1929 (original date partly obliterated; mistakenly repainted 1925 by Mondrian)
4. Mark Rothko. No. 3/No. 13. 1949
5. Brice Marden. The Propitious Garden of Plane Image, Third Version. 2000–06
6. Georgia O’Keeffe. Evening Star, No. III. 1917