How well do you know your MoMA? If you think you can identify the artist and title of each of these works—all currently on view in the Painting and Sculpture and Contemporary galleries—please submit your answers by leaving a comment on this post. We’ll provide the answers next month (on Friday, November 8).
ANSWERS TO THE SEPTEMBER 13 CHALLENGE:
Congratulations to Jaime Saez Fernandez, the first to correctly identify the six works in a special all-Matisse challenge. Do you have what it takes to claim this month’s title?
1. Henri Matisse. Bather. 1909
2. Henri Matisse. Goldfish and Palette. 1914
3. Henri Matisse. Periwinkles / Moroccan Garden. 1912
4. Henri Matisse. The Rose Marble Table. 1917
5. Henri Matisse. The Moroccans. 1915–16
6. Henri Matisse. Woman on a High Stool (Germaine Raynal). 1914