How well do you know your MoMA? If you think you can identify the artist and title of each of these works—all currently on view in the Painting and Sculpture galleries—please submit your answers by leaving a comment on this post. We’ll provide the answers next month (on Friday, September 13).
ANSWERS TO THE JULY 12 CHALLENGE:
Congratulations to Kimberly Rhodes, the first of several people to correctly identify all six works. Do you have what it takes to claim this month’s title?
1. Claude Monet. The Japanese Footbridge. c. 1920–22
2. Roy Lichtenstein. Modern Painting with Bolt. 1967
3. Giacomo Balla. Swifts: Paths of Movement + Dynamic Sequences. 1913
4. Yayoi Kusama. Accumulation No. 1. 1962
5. Mark Rothko. Slow Swirl at the Edge of the Sea. 1944
6. José Clemente Orozco. Zapatistas. 1931