How well do you know your MoMA? If you think you can identify the artist and title of each of these works—all currently on view in the Painting and Sculpture and Contemporary galleries—please submit your answers by leaving a comment on this post. We’ll provide the answers next month (on Friday, February 8).
ANSWERS TO THE DECEMBER 7 CHALLENGE:
Last month’s entry was a stumper; no one was able to correctly identify all six works. Do you have what it takes to claim this month’s title?
1. Jeff Koons. New Shelton Wet/Dry Doubledecker. 1981
2. Max Bill. Expansion in Four Directions. 1961–62
3. Vija Celmins. Flying Fortress. 1966
4. Henri Matisse. Woman on a High Stool (Germaine Raynal). 1914
5. Helen Frankenthaler. Jacob’s Ladder. 1957
6. Dorothea Tanning. On Time Off Time. 1948