How well do you know your MoMA? If you think you can identify the artist and title of each of these works—all currently on view in the Museum’s Painting and Sculpture and Architecture and Design galleries—please submit your answers by leaving a comment on this post. We’ll provide the answers—along with some information about each work—in one month (on Friday, May 13).
ANSWERS TO THE MARCH 18 CHALLENGE:
Congratulations to Víctor, the only person to correctly identify all six works in last months challenge. Can anyone out there claim this month’s title?
1. Pablo Picasso. Three Women at the Spring. 1921
2. Arshile Gorky. Garden in Sochi. 1941
3. Egmont Arens and Theodore C. Brookhart. Streamliner Meat Slicer (model 410). c. 1940
4. Georges-Pierre Seurat. The Channel at Gravelines, Evening. 1890
5. Gerald Summers. Lounge Chair. 1934
6. Josef Albers. Homage to the Square: Two Whites Between Two Yellows. 1958