Artists, curators, designers, activists, and revelers all join us for a wide array of programs and events this week. Don’t miss out!
• On Wednesday join artist Robin Rhode and RoseLee Goldberg, founding director and curator of Performa, for a Conversations: Among Friends talk and reception. Rhode is a multidisciplinary artist who create narratives that are brought to life using everyday materials such as soap, charcoal, chalk, and paint.
• Starting Wednesday, MoMA presents a weeklong run of Lino Brocka’s Insiang</a></strong> (1976), a restored landmark of Filipino cinema that recently premiered at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival.</p>
• Join a special Gallery Sessions tour on Thursday, as part of the Design Interactions Studio, featuring a conversation with Jessica Rosenkrantz and Jesse Louis-Rosenberg, the inventors of the groundbreaking 3-D-printed Kinematics dress.
• Watch the live stream of The Equity Series: Truth and Reconciliation with Bryan Stevenson, cofounder of the Equal Justice Initiative, and Khalil G. Muhammad, director of the New York Public Library’s Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, in a conversation on U.S. racial history, contemporary social justice issues, and the role of cultural institutions in addressing historical events.
• Ready to get spectacularly spooky? Don’t miss the fourth annual MoMA PS1 Halloween Ball with Susanne Bartsch. This year’s theme is The Poison Big Apple.
• And don’t forget to fall back for Daylight Savings Time on Sunday!