Summer is winding down, but don’t despair—we’ve got some exciting things in store for the week. Check it out:
• Celebrate the launch of the HAY Mini Market tonight at the MoMA Design Store, Soho. The pop-up shop boasts over 200 designs, with select items available for purchase online.
• Art enthusiasts age 65 and up can join a free Art-Making Workshop on Tuesday that explores movement and gesture with paper marbling techniques. Space is limited and preregistration is required. To learn more about MoMA’s upcoming Prime Time programs call (212) 333-1265 or e-mail [email protected]
• Wednesday is the last day to see Pierre Huyghe’s Untilled (Liegender Frauenakt)</a></strong>—a sculpture incorporating a live bee colony—in The Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Sculpture Garden. Don’t miss your chance to see this “buzz-worthy” new acquisition to MoMA’s collection.</p>
• Don’t miss MoMA Nights, featuring <strong>Regal Degal </strong>(6:30 p.m.) and an opening DJ set by Newtown radio’s M/M (5:30 p.m.), in the Sculpture Garden on Thursday. The galleries also stay open until 8:00 p.m., and refreshments and drinks are available at our cafés and Garden Bar.</blockquote>
• Warm Up at MoMA PS1—the summer music party of the season—continues with sets by Andrés, Kyle Hall, Pender Street Steppers, Hashman Deejay, and Laraaji.
• And don’t miss your chance to see modern art masterworks like Vincent van Gogh’s The Starry Night and Gustav Klimt’s Adele Bloch Bauer II without the crowds. Get your tickets today for Evening Tour: MoMA’s Masterworks on Saturday at 5:30 p.m.