Giving new life to the past is a prominent theme among this week’s picks. Take a closer look and join us!
• If you haven’t seen it already, be sure to check out our new e-book, Picasso: The Making of Cubism 1912–1914, which presents the beloved artist’s work in an amazingly immersive and interactive way—including over 400 high-res images. You can purchase it as an iPad app through the App Store, or an interactive PDF through MoMAstore.org.
• On Wednesday, August 13, in conjunction with our weeklong run of the documentary A Fuller Life, catch a screening of Sam Fuller’s The Big Red One: The Reconstruction. This print, which was supervised by the critic Richard Schickel, restores some 40 minutes of studio-cut footage to the director’s fictionalized account of his World War II duty.
• On Thursday, August 14, join us for MoMA Nights, when the Museum galleries are open until 8:00 p.m. and musicians perform in the Sculpture Garden at 6:30 p.m., with dining and snack options available outside and in our Terrace 5 café. This week’s performance is by the four-piece band Frankie Cosmos, led by singer-songwriter Greta Kline.
• Also on Thursday, August 14, the MoMA Stores present the new Fall Collection. Check out more than 200 new arrivals—unique gifts, home furnishings, artist-designed products, and more—on MoMAstore.org or visit one of our store locations.
• Join us on Sunday, August 17, from noon to 5:00 p.m., for a selection of James Lee Byars’s most influential performance works, including The Mile-Long Paper Walk and Four in a Dress. This event, which coincides with a Byars exhibition currently on view at MoMA PS1, is free with Museum admission.