How well do you know your MoMA? If you think you can identify the artist and title of each of these works from MoMA’s collection—all currently on view throughout the Museum—please submit your answers by leaving a comment on this post. We’ll provide the answers next month (on Friday, September 12).
ANSWERS TO THE JULY 11 CHALLENGE:
Do you have what it takes to claim this month’s title?
1. Joseph Cornell. Untitled (Bébé Marie). Early 1940s
2. Diego Rivera. Flower Festival: Feast of Santa Anita. 1931
3. Auguste Rodin. Monument to Balzac. 1898 (cast 1954)
4. Massimo Vignelli. New York Subway Map. 1970
5. René Magritte. The Empire of Light, II. 1950
6. Gerhard Richter. Clouds. 1982