How well do you know your MoMA? If you think you can identify the artist and title of each of these works—all currently on view in the Painting and Sculpture and Contemporary galleries—please submit your answers by leaving a comment on this post. We’ll provide the answers next month (on Friday, July 13).
ANSWERS TO THE MAY 11 CHALLENGE:
Congratulations to Mrs. Bell for being the only person to correctly identify all six works last month. Do you have what it takes to claim this month’s title?
1. Robert Gober. Cat Litter. 1989
2. Sigmar Polke. Spiderman. 1971–74
3. André Derain. Fishing Boats, Collioure. 1905
4. Gino Severini. Armored Train in Action. 1915
5. Felix Gonzalez-Torres. “Untitled” (Placebo). 1991
6. Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. Tugendhat Coffee Table. 1930