Front / Recto
- Title Rebecca
- Negative Date 1922
- Print Date 1922
- Medium Palladium print
- Dimensions Image 9 9/16 × 7 5/8" (24.3 × 19.3 cm)Sheet 10 × 7 15/16" (25.4 × 20.1 cm)
- Place Taken New York
- Credit Line Thomas Walther Collection. Gift of Thomas Walther
- MoMA Accession Number 1866.2001
- Copyright © Aperture Foundation Inc., Paul Strand Archive
Back / Verso
- Mount Type No mount - evidence previous mount
- Marks and Inscriptions Inscribed in pencil on sheet verso, bottom center: [illegible character].
The artist. Weston Gallery (Maggi Weston), Carmel, Calif. ; purchased by Jane Corkin Gallery, Toronto ; purchased by Thomas Walther, November 1983 ; given to The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 2001.
 Jane Corkin, telephone conversation with Maria Morris Hambourg, November 2013.
 MacGill/Walther 2000, p. 36; and Corkin, telephone conversation with Hambourg.
 Corkin, telephone conversation with Hambourg; and Jane Corkin Gallery invoice no. 1022, November 5, 1983.
- Format Imperial
- UV Fluorescence Recto negative Verso negative
- Fiber Analysis Rag 81% Bast 19%
- Material Techniques Palladium print
This work was determined to be a palladium print via X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometry.
The following elements have been positively identified in the work, through XRF readings taken from its recto and verso (or from the mount, where the verso was not accessible):
- Recto: Al, Si, S, Ca, Cr, Mn, Fe, Zn, Pd
- Verso: Al, Si, S, Ca, Cr, Mn, Fe, Zn
The graphs below show XRF spectra for three areas on the print: two of the recto—from areas of maximum and minimum image density (Dmax and Dmin)—and one of the verso or mount. The background spectrum represents the contribution of the XRF instrument itself. The first graph shows elements identified through the presence of their characteristic peaks in the lower energy range (0 to 8 keV). The second graph shows elements identified through the presence of their characteristic peaks in the higher energy range (8 to 40 keV).
- Cultural Hubs New York