Front / Recto
- Title Legs
- Negative Date 1930s
- Print Date 1930–39
- Medium Gelatin silver print
- Dimensions Image 8 15/16 × 7" (22.7 × 17.8 cm)Sheet 9 5/16 × 7" (23.6 × 17.8 cm)
- Place Taken Paris
- Credit Line Thomas Walther Collection. Abbott-Levy Collection funds, by exchange
- MoMA Accession Number 1848.2001
Back / Verso
- Mount Type No mount
The artist; to Galerie Michèle Chomette, Paris ; purchased by Thomas Walther, June 20, 1998 ; purchased by The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 2001.
 MacGill/Walther 2000, p. 33.
 Galerie Michèle Chomette invoice, June 20, 1998.
- Format Metric
- Weight Light weight
- Thickness (mm) 0.10
- UV Fluorescence Recto negative Verso negative
- Fiber Analysis Rag 96% Bast 4%
- Material Techniques Developing-out paper Baryta-less paper
This work was determined to be a gelatin silver print via X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometry.
The following elements have been positively identified in the work, through XRF readings taken from its recto and verso (or from the mount, where the verso was not accessible):
- Recto: Si, P, S, Ca, Cr, Fe, Zn, Ag
- Verso: Al, P, S, Ca, Cr, Fe, Zn
The graphs below show XRF spectra for three areas on the print: two of the recto—from areas of maximum and minimum image density (Dmax and Dmin)—and one of the verso or mount. The background spectrum represents the contribution of the XRF instrument itself. The first graph shows elements identified through the presence of their characteristic peaks in the lower energy range (0 to 8 keV). The second graph shows elements identified through the presence of their characteristic peaks in the higher energy range (8 to 40 keV).
- Cultural Hubs Paris