Front / Recto
- Title Dive (Pryzhok v vodu)
- Negative Date 1934
- Print Date 1934–50
- Medium Gelatin silver print
- Dimensions Image 11 3/4 × 9 5/16" (29.9 × 23.6 cm)
- Place Taken Moscow
- Credit Line Thomas Walther Collection. Gift of Shirley C. Burden, by exchange
- MoMA Accession Number 1826.2001
Back / Verso
- Mount Type No mount
Marks and Inscriptions
Stamped in black ink on sheet verso, center: фото Родченко . Inscribed in pencil on sheet verso, bottom center: "прыжок в воду" /1932.
 “Photo Rodchenko.”
The artist, Moscow; to Walker, Ursitti & McGinnis Gallery, New York ; purchased by Thomas Walther, by April 1991 ; purchased by The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 2001.
 MacGill/Walther 2000, p. 31.
 Walker, Ursitti & McGinnis Gallery contract, n.d.
- Format Metric
- Weight Single weight
- Thickness (mm) 0.15
- UV Fluorescence Recto negative Verso negative
- Fiber Analysis Softwood bleached sulfite 100%
- Material Techniques Developing-out paper
This work was determined to be a gelatin silver print via X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometry.
The following elements have been positively identified in the work, through XRF readings taken from its recto and verso (or from the mount, where the verso was not accessible):
- Recto: P, S, Ca, Zn, Sr, Ag, Ba
- Verso: Al, S, Ca, Fe, Zn, Sr, Ba
The graphs below show XRF spectra for three areas on the print: two of the recto—from areas of maximum and minimum image density (Dmax and Dmin)—and one of the verso or mount. The background spectrum represents the contribution of the XRF instrument itself. The first graph shows elements identified through the presence of their characteristic peaks in the lower energy range (0 to 8 keV). The second graph shows elements identified through the presence of their characteristic peaks in the higher energy range (8 to 40 keV).
Sovetskoe Foto 7, 1935: 21, as Pryzhok [s vystavki masterov fotoiskusstva].
Moscow. Vystavka rabot masterov sovetskogo fotoiskusstva (Exhibition of the Work of the Masters of Soviet Photography). 1935.