Front / Recto
- Title Bubi
- Negative Date 1927
- Print Date 1927–55
- Medium Gelatin silver print
- Dimensions Image 10 15/16 x 8 13/16" (27.8 x 22.4 cm)
- Place Taken Bordeaux
- Credit Line Thomas Walther Collection. Abbott-Levy Collection funds, by exchange
- MoMA Accession Number 1794.2001
- Copyright © 2015 Brigitte Moral-Planté
Back / Verso
- Mount Type Mount (later)
- Marks and Inscriptions Stamped in black ink on sheet verso, center: JEAN MORAL/PARIS.
The artist; to Christian Bouqueret, Paris, 1995 ; purchased by Thomas Walther, New York, March 1997 ; purchased by The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 2001.
 MacGill/Walther 2001(3), p. 15; and Christian Bouqueret, e-mail to Simon Bieling, October 27, 2005.
 MacGill/Walther 2001(3), p. 15; and Bouqueret invoice, March 21, 1997.
- Format Metric
- UV Fluorescence Recto negative Verso negative
- Fiber Analysis No fiber data available
- Material Techniques Developing-out paper
This work was determined to be a gelatin silver print via X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometry.
The following elements have been positively identified in the work, through XRF readings taken from its recto and verso (or from the mount, where the verso was not accessible):
- Recto: P, S, Ca, Zn, Sr, Ag, Ba
- Mount: Ca, Fe, Zn, Sr
The graphs below show XRF spectra for three areas on the print: two of the recto—from areas of maximum and minimum image density (Dmax and Dmin)—and one of the verso or mount. The background spectrum represents the contribution of the XRF instrument itself. The first graph shows elements identified through the presence of their characteristic peaks in the lower energy range (0 to 8 keV). The second graph shows elements identified through the presence of their characteristic peaks in the higher energy range (8 to 40 keV).
Photographie, p. 28 (as untitled photograph). Paris: Arts et Métiers Graphiques, 1931.