Front / Recto
- Title Untitled
- Negative Date 1930–32
- Print Date 1930–55
- Medium Gelatin silver print
- Dimensions Image 15 3/8 × 11 1/4" (39 × 28.5 cm)
- Place Taken Paris
- Credit Line Thomas Walther Collection. Abbott-Levy Collection funds, by exchange
- MoMA Accession Number 1610.2001
Back / Verso
- Mount Type No mount - evidence previous mount
- Marks and Inscriptions Signed in pencil on sheet recto, bottom right: AUREL/BAUH/PARIS. Inscribed in pencil on sheet verso, bottom right: TW 770720.
The artist; by inheritance to the artist's daughter, Paris, 1964 ; to Herbert Molderings, Paris, 1979–80 ; purchased by Thomas Walther; purchased by The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 2001.
 Herbert Molderings, letter to Maria Morris Hambourg, October 1, 2013.
 Ibid.; and MacGill/Walther 2000, p. 1.
- Format Metric
- UV Fluorescence Recto negative Verso negative
- Fiber Analysis No fiber data available
- Material Techniques Developing-out paper Baryta-less paper
This work was determined to be a gelatin silver print via X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometry.
The following elements have been positively identified in the work, through XRF readings taken from its recto and verso (or from the mount, where the verso was not accessible):
- Recto: P, S, Ca, Zn, Sr, Ag, Ba
- Verso or mount: not available
The graphs below show XRF spectra for three areas on the print: two of the recto—from areas of maximum and minimum image density (Dmax and Dmin)—and one of the verso or mount. The background spectrum represents the contribution of the XRF instrument itself. The first graph shows elements identified through the presence of their characteristic peaks in the lower energy range (0 to 8 keV). The second graph shows elements identified through the presence of their characteristic peaks in the higher energy range (8 to 40 keV).
- Cultural Hubs Paris