- Education Center
In our latest interactive space, Art Lab: People, visitors of all ages can discover the ways in which artists represent the human form. Investigate body language through art-making activities, digital play, and other creative explorations. Stop by before or after visiting MoMA’s galleries.
Saturday–Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Thursday and Friday, 10:30 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
In the lab you can:
- Consider how artists show people through pose, gesture, and expression activities
- Work together on an “exquisite corpse” wall drawing
- Use everyday materials to create a people-inspired project that you can take home
- Create a self-portrait using Fresh Paint, a new digital app by Microsoft
- Explore different ways of drawing a portrait
- Put on a show in our shadow puppet theater
- Make a giant geometric face on a magnetic wall
- Experiment with shapes, lines, and colors with the MoMA Art Lab app
Family Programs are made possible by an endowment established by The William Randolph Hearst Foundation. Additional support is provided by The Contemporary Arts Council of The Museum of Modern Art, an anonymous donor, FX and Natasha de Mallmann, and Christina R. Davis.
Software and computers for Art Lab provided by Microsoft and Lenovo. Furniture provided by Artek.