In our latest interactive space, Art Lab: People, visitors of all ages can discover the ways in which artists represent the human form. Investigate body language through art-making activities, digital play, and other creative explorations. Stop by before or after visiting MoMA’s galleries.
Saturday–Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Thursday and Friday, 10:30 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
In the lab you can:
- Consider how artists show people through pose, gesture, and expression activities
- Work together on an “exquisite corpse” wall drawing
- Use everyday materials to create a people-inspired project that you can take home
- Create a self-portrait using Fresh Paint, a new digital app by Microsoft
- Explore different ways of drawing a portrait
- Put on a show in our shadow puppet theater
- Make a giant geometric face on a magnetic wall
- Experiment with shapes, lines, and colors with the MoMA Art Lab app