Drawing with Scissors, 5–7
For kids ages five to seven and their adult companions
Saturday, October 25, 2014, 2:00–4:00 p.m.
The Lewis B. and Dorothy Cullman Education and Research Building
A special two-hour workshop for families. Kids and adults explore works in the collection and special exhibitions, then use their experience in the galleries as inspiration in art-making workshops.
Visit the exhibition Henri Matisse: The Cut-Outs to learn about the artist’s technique, then head to the studio to experiment with cutting paper to create shapes, objects, and arrangements.
In conjunction with the exhibition Henri Matisse: The Cut-Outs
Admission is free. Preregistration is required.
Ages vary by workshop. Only kids of the ages listed will be permitted to attend. Kids and adults participate.
Registration takes place online ten days before the first session of each program.
Sign up for one date and time per workshop. Sessions take place in the morning and afternoon on most dates.
To receive registration and program information, sign up for the Family Programs E-news.
Sign language interpretation can be scheduled for any Conversations with Contemporary Artists: The Family Edition with at least two weeks advanced notice by calling (212) 408-6347 or (212) 247-1230 (TTY) or e-mailing email@example.com.
FM assistive listening devices (headsets and neck loops) are available for all programs.
For further information about Family Programs at MoMA, please call (212) 708-9805 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can't make this event?
This event also occurs on:
- Saturday, October 18, 2014, 10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, October 18, 2014, 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 19, 2014, 10:30 a.m.
- Sunday, October 19, 2014, 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 25, 2014, 10:30 a.m.
- Sunday, October 26, 2014, 10:30 a.m.
- Sunday, October 26, 2014, 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 1, 2014, 10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, November 1, 2014, 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 2, 2014, 10:30 a.m.
- Sunday, November 2, 2014, 2:00 p.m.