Exhibition sponsorship at The Museum of Modern Art offers significant philanthropic and marketing opportunities. Special exhibitions at the Museum are among the most respected, publicized, and popular in the world, and sponsorship opportunities are available at various levels. The Museum will work with you to develop a plan that meets your objectives and budget. MoMA is delighted to partner with corporations, foundations, and individuals to present its exciting exhibitions to our large national and international audience.
Sponsorship opportunities are also available for smaller installations and thematic exhibitions highlighting works from the Museum's vast holdings in all mediums.
Exhibition sponsors at MoMA receive prominent exposure and acknowledgement before, during, and after the run of the exhibition. Depending on the level of sponsorship, benefits may include:
- Logo credit in all exhibition and program materials, including invitations, exhibition catalogues, signage, press releases, the MoMA website, and mailings to over 110,000 members
- Opportunity to create advertising and promotional material in consultation with MoMA to generate visibility in connection with sponsorship
- Opportunity to create a link between your website and the MoMA website
- Sponsor presence at press previews with the option to include a statement in press kits
- Complimentary private tours for VIPs and guests
- Opportunity to host private receptions at the Museum
- Priority to reserve event dates on the MoMA calendar
- Invitations to the exhibition opening previews and events
For upcoming sponsorship opportunities please see the schedule of upcoming exhibitions.
The Museum's Department of Film maintains a full and dynamic schedule, screening approximately 1,200 films each year in our state-of-the-art theaters. Programs range from classic masterpieces to contemporary features and include retrospectives, historical surveys and documentaries as well as independent and experimental films. In addition, annual series such as Premiere Brazil!, New Directors/New Films, Kino! New German Cinema, and To Save and Project: The MoMA International Festival of Film Preservation attract a wide audience. Past programs have featured the work of Jean-Luc Godard, Anna Magnani, Clint Eastwood, Sofia Coppola, Marc Forster, Kon Ichikawa, David O. Russell, Oliver Stone, Belá Tarr, Alexander Payne, Christopher Guest, Isabelle Huppert, and Luis Buñuel.
All films are screened in MoMA's expanded Roy and Niuta Titus Theaters 1 and 2 (complete with upgraded digital surround sound and projection systems), which seat a total of 600 people, and in the new Celeste Bartos Theater, which seats a total of 120 people.
We are currently seeking corporations, foundations, and individuals to support a full year of film programming at MoMA. Depending on the level of sponsorship, benefits might include:
- Use of logo on select materials
- Sponsorship credit in exhibition/program materials, including advertising, invitations, signage, press release, and the MoMA website
- Sponsorship credit on a slide projected on theater screens before the presentation of each program
- Public acknowledgement of support at opening of film programs
- Presence and acknowledgement at press screenings
- The opportunity to create advertising and promotional material in support of sponsorship in consultation with MoMA
- Opportunity to host a private reception at the Museum
- Invitations to black-tie receptions, exhibition previews, breakfast receptions, and other receptions
- Private tours of MoMA's exhibitions for VIPs and clients
- VIP passes to screenings
- Tickets to the Museum's Gala Film Benefit
- Invitations to symposia and directors panels
MoMA seeks underwriting for several benefit events per year, such as:
The Party in the Garden
MoMA's annual spring gala benefit in The Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Sculpture Garden. Past honorees have included such notable New Yorkers as Sarah Jessica Parker, Joan Tisch, Kitty Carlisle Hart, Martin Scorsese, Leon and Debra Black, and David Rockefeller.
Watch video of the 2008 Party in the Garden:
An elegant biennial event hosted by The Friends of Education, a MoMA affiliate group devoted to encouraging greater appreciation of art made by African Americans and the participation of African Americans at the Museum. Past honorees have included Wynton Marsalis, Camille Cosby, Agnes Gund, and David Rockefeller, Jr.
MoMA PS1 Annual Exhibition Fund
Founded as P.S.1 Contemporary Art Center in 1971, MoMA PS1 is one of the world's oldest and largest organizations devoted solely to the advancement of contemporary art. MoMA PS1 and The Museum of Modern Art formalized their affiliation in January 2000, bringing together a leader in contemporary art and one of the foremost modern art museums in the country.
Combining a fast-moving, provocative approach to exhibitions with the direct involvement of artists, MoMA PS1 presents an extensive program of exhibitions and events in its nearly 125,000-square-foot facility. Unlike other museums, where exhibitions are scheduled years in advance, MoMA PS1 maintains a flexible calendar to be able to respond quickly to new artists and vibrant work being created internationally. The MoMA PS1 Annual Exhibition Fund was established to help ensure the institution's curatorial freedom and to allow it to present the freshest and most current contemporary art.
Depending on the level of sponsorship, benefits may include:
- Use of logo on select materials
- Sponsorship credit in exhibition materials, including invitations, signage, press release, and MoMA and MoMA PS1 websites
- Sponsorship credit on MoMA PS1's donor wall
- Invitations to exhibition opening event
- Private tours of the exhibition for VIPs
For more information about the exhibition schedule, please visit the MoMA PS1 website.
For information about sponsorship please contact:email@example.com
MoMA Annual Exhibition Fund
The Museum of Modern Art is deeply grateful for the generous support of the following donors to the MoMA Annual Exhibition Fund:
- Courtney Combe
- The Contemporary Arts Council of The Museum of Modern Art
- Glenn and Eva Dubin
- Anne and Joel S. Ehrenkranz
- Kathleen Fuld
- Mimi and Peter Haas Fund
- Annie Harleman
- The Junior Associates of The Museum of Modern Art
- McVicker & Higginbotham
- Robert B. Menschel
- Kevin Meyers
- The Orentreich Family Foundation
- Party Rental Ltd.
- Sangeetha Ramaswamy
- Elizabeth Ronis
- Mr. and Mrs. Charles M. Royce
- Ann and Mel Schaffer
- David Snider
- Joan Snyder
- Courtney Finch Taylor
- David Teiger
- Svetlana Uspenskaya
- Franz Wassmer
- Gary and Karen Winnick
- Franny Heller Zorn and Richard L. Zorn