UPCOMING ON FILM PLUS
QUEEN OF EARTH
Monday, August 24, 7:00 p.m.
2015. USA. Directed by Alex Ross Perry. Catherine (Elisabeth Moss) has entered a particularly dark period in her life: her father, a famous artist whose affairs she managed, has recently died, and on the heels of his death she's dumped by her boyfriend James (Kentucker Audley). Looking to recuperate, Catherine heads out to her best friend Virginia's (Katherine Waterston) lake house for some much needed relaxation. However, once Catherine arrives relaxation proves impossible to find, as she is overcome with memories of time spent at the same house with James the year before.
Not a Film Plus member?
An exclusive group for serious film lovers.
Be a part of the conversation.
MoMA brings Film Plus members the best in cinema from around the world, with exclusive advance screenings, director discussions, and special events.
For $125 plus the cost of a MoMA membership, you can join Film Plus and be among the first people to see the most talked-about films of the year, selected by curators in The Museum of Modern Art's Department of Film.
Film Plus members enjoy all the benefits of regular MoMA membership—including unlimited free admission, 1,500 free film screenings a year, and $5 guest tickets—PLUS:
- Private previews of four major films each year
- Conversations with today’s premier actors and directors
- Special discounts and offers
Past screenings and events have included a wide array of top talent and critically acclaimed films:
- Snowpiercer, followed by a conversation with director Bong Joon-ho, screenwriter Kelly Masterson, and actor John Hurt
- Margaret, followed by a conversation with director Kenneth Lonergan
- Short Term 12, introduced by director Destin Daniel Cretton and actors Brie Larson and John Gallagher, Jr.
Enjoy film in the best way possible—become a Film Plus member today!