UPCOMING ON FILM PLUS
(Song of the Little Road)
Monday, May 4, 7:30 p.m.
1955. India. Directed by Satyajit Ray. Two decades after its original negatives were burned in a fire, Satyajit Ray's breathtaking milestone of world cinema rises from the ashes in a meticulously reconstructed new 4K restoration.
The release of Satyajit Ray's debut, Pather Panchali, introduced to the world an eloquent and important new cinematic voice. A depiction of rural Bengali life in a style inspired by Italian Neorealism, this naturalistic but poetic
Not a Film Plus member?
An exclusive group for serious film lovers.
Be a part of the conversation.
MoMA brings Film Plus members the best in cinema from around the world, with exclusive advance screenings, director discussions, and special events.
For $100 plus the cost of a MoMA membership, you can join Film Plus and be among the first people to see the most talked-about films of the year, selected by curators in The Museum of Modern Art's Department of Film.
Film Plus members enjoy all the benefits of regular MoMA membership—including unlimited free admission, 1,500 free film screenings a year, and $5 guest tickets—PLUS:
- Private previews of four major films each year
- Conversations with today’s premier actors and directors
- Special discounts and offers
Past screenings and events have included a wide array of top talent and critically acclaimed films:
- Snowpiercer, followed by a conversation with director Bong Joon-ho, screenwriter Kelly Masterson, and actor John Hurt
- Margaret, followed by a conversation with director Kenneth Lonergan
- Short Term 12, introduced by director Destin Daniel Cretton and actors Brie Larson and John Gallagher, Jr.
Enjoy film in the best way possible—become a Film Plus member today!