Now available on the App Store
Get creative and use the MoMA Art Lab iPad app to make a sound composition, a shape poem, a group drawing, and more, then save and share your artwork (parental setting available). Explore how artists use line, shape, and color, discover artists' processes and inspirations, and create your own artwork inspired by MoMA's collection. Artists featured in the MoMA Art Lab app include Henri Matisse, Alexander Calder, Elizabeth Murray, and others.
The MoMA Art Lab iPad app is intended for ages seven and up.
- Create and save your own artwork
- Play with shapes, lines, and colors
- Activities inspired by works of art, including:
- Create a mobile
- Experiment with paint
- Draw from instructions
- Create a sound composition
- Draw with scissors
- Make a line design
- Collaborate on a group drawing
- Create a shape poem
- Make a chance collage
- Creative prompts for extra inspiration
- Audio for pre-readers
- Learn about works of art at MoMA. Artists include Henri Matisse, Alexander Calder, Elizabeth Murray, Sol LeWitt, Jim Lambie, Brice Marden, and others.
- Share your artwork with others
Please note that the sharing function in this app, which permits the user to share artwork with MoMA, and with others by e-mail or Twitter, is turned off by default so that parents can decide whether to permit their child to share their artwork. Instructions for enabling sharing can be found in the Information/For Parents section of the app.
Got questions? Check out our FAQ page for MoMA Mobile.