How well do you know your MoMA? If you think you can identify the artist and title of each of these works from MoMA’s collection—all currently on view throughout the Museum—please submit your answers by leaving a comment on this post. We’ll provide the answers next month (on Friday, June 13).
ANSWERS TO THE APRIL 11 CHALLENGE:
Congratulations to Facebook user Ann Forstie, the first entrant to correctly identify all six works. Do you have what it takes to claim this month’s title?
1. Richard Avedon. Carl Hoefert, unemployed black jack dealer, Reno, Nevada, August 30, 1983. 1983
2. Roy Lichtenstein. Girl with Ball. 1961
3. Henri Matisse. Woman on a High Stool (Germaine Raynal). 1914
4. Frida Kahlo. Self-Portrait with Cropped Hair. 1940
5. Pablo Picasso. Bather. 1908–09
6. Paul Cézanne. The Bather. c. 1885