How well do you know your MoMA? If you think you can identify the artist and title of each of these works—all currently on view in the Painting and Sculpture and Contemporary galleries—please submit your answers by leaving a comment on this post. We’ll provide the answers next month (on Friday, March 8).
ANSWERS TO THE JANUARY 11 CHALLENGE:
Congratulations to Sarah Humphreville, the first of several people to correctly identify all six works. Do you have what it takes to claim this month’s title?
1. René Magritte. The False Mirror. 1928
2. Doris Salcedo. Atrabilious. 1992–93
3. Gino Severini. Dynamic Hieroglyphic of the Bal Tabarin. 1912
4. Kazimir Malevich. Reservist of the First Division. 1914
5. Cy Twombly. Academy. 1955
6. David Smith. Australia. 1951