How well do you know your MoMA? If you think you can identify the artist and title of each of these works—all currently on view in the Painting and Sculpture and Contemporary galleries—please submit your answers by leaving a comment on this post. We’ll provide the answers next month (on Friday, December 7).
ANSWERS TO THE OCTOBER 12 CHALLENGE:
Congratulations to Lucía Villanueva for being the only person to correctly identify all six works last month. Do you have what it takes to claim this month’s title?
1. Tom Wesselmann. Mouth, 7. 1966
2. Willys-Overland Motors, Inc. Truck: Utility 1/4 Ton 4 x 4 (M38A1) Jeep. 1952
3. Gino Severini. Visual Synthesis of the Idea: “War”. 1914
4. Albert Oehlen. Untitled. 1989
5. Alexandra Exter. Construction. 1922–23
6. Paul Cézanne. Still Life with Ginger Jar, Sugar Bowl, and Oranges. 1902–06