How well do you know your MoMA? If you think you can identify the artist and title of each of these works—all currently on view in the Painting and Sculpture and Contemporary galleries—please submit your answers by leaving a comment on this post. We’ll provide the answers next month (on Friday, October 12).
ANSWERS TO THE AUGUST 10 CHALLENGE:
Congratulations to Cho Rao for being the first to correctly identify all six works last month. Do you have what it takes to claim this month’s title?
1. Martin Kippenberger. Martin, Into the Corner, You Should Be Ashamed of Yourself. 1989/92
2. Luc Tuymans. The Secretary of State. 2005
3. Max Ernst. Lunar Asparagus. 1935 (cast 1972)
4. Umberto Boccioni. Unique Forms of Continuity in Space. 1913
5. Aleksandr Rodchenko. Non-Objective Painting no. 80 (Black on Black). 1918
6. Diego Rivera. Young Man in a Gray Sweater (Jacques Lipchitz). 1914