How well do you know your MoMA? If you think you can identify the artist and title of each of these works—all currently on view in The Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Sculpture Garden and the Painting and Sculpture galleries—please submit your answers by leaving a comment on this post. We’ll provide the answers—along with some information about each work—in one month (on Friday, August 5).
ANSWERS TO THE JUNE 10 CHALLENGE:
Congratulations to Fuzzygalore, the only person to identify all six works, with an honorable mention to Facebook commenter Mia Kim, who got five. Can anyone out there claim this month’s title?
1. Francis Bacon. Triptych. 1991
2. Claude Monet. Agapanthus. 1914–26
3. Edvard Munch. The Storm. 1893
4. Georges Braque. Landscape at La Ciotat. 1907
5. Marcel Duchamp. Network of Stoppages. 1914
6. Vincent van Gogh. The Olive Trees. 1889