How well do you know your MoMA? If you think you can identify the artist and title of each of these works—all currently on view in the Museum’s Painting and Sculpture and Architecture and Design galleries—please submit your answers by leaving a comment on this post. We’ll provide the answers—along with some information about each work—in one month (on Friday, June 10).
ANSWERS TO THE APRIL 15 CHALLENGE:
Congratulations to Katharina, a Facebook commenter and the only person to correctly identify all six works in last month’s challenge. (Honorable mention goes to Melissa, who got five out of six.) Can anyone out there claim this month’s title?
1. Willem de Kooning. Woman, I. 1950–52
2. Henri Matisse. Goldfish and Palette. 1914
3. Frederick Kiesler. Nesting Coffee Table. 1935–38
4. Adolph Gottlieb. Descending Arrow. 1956
5. Giorgio de Chirico. The Song of Love. 1914
6. Hans Hofmann. Cathedral. 1959