How well do you know your MoMA? To the left are images of works from the MoMA collection that are currently on view in the galleries. If you think you can identify the artist, title, and location of each work, please submit your answers by leaving a comment on this post. We’ll provide the answers—along with some information about each work—next Friday, along with the next Do You Know Your MoMA? challenge.
ANSWERS TO LAST WEEK’S CHALLENGE: Too elementary for you? Next week I’ll really try to stump you. Congratulations to Jonathan Janov and Laura Rosa, who tied for first place in last week’s post. Doris Bremm also correctly identified all six works, but alas, she spelled Joan Miró’s first name wrong.
1. Pablo Picasso. Three Musicians. 1921.
2. Gerald Murphy. Wasp and Pear. 1929
3. René Magritte. The Portrait. 1935
4. Yves Tanguy. The Furniture of Time. 1939
5. Joan Miró. Bather. October 1932
6. Rufino Tamayo. Animals. 1941